Minimalism as a design concept is often jumbled along with terms like modern and contemporary, but there are differences between all three. A minimalist space focuses on function and religiously follows the phrase “less is more.” This doesn’t mean that decorative styles can’t be woven into the mix though, and a minimalist room can have a retro flair or traditional vibe, and vice versa. While neutral colors are typically used in these bedrooms, adding punches of bright or deep color to the palette can add visual interest.
- The Very Best (and Best-Looking) Dorm Storage Solutions
- Now’s Your Chance to Get $50 Off One of Dyson’s Top-Rated Vacuums (but Only Through Saturday!)
- 5 Tips to Get Your Room Makeover or DIY Project Featured on Apartment Therapy
- These Are the Biggest “It” Colors of the Past 50 Years
- This Composer Will Immortalize Your Pet as a Symphony